Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Davis' Accident!




Well...I was telling a friend of mine at work that "It is only a matter of time before Davis has his first broken bone"... Well, that afternoon, I kid you not, I got a phone call from the school. It went something like this: "Mom: Don't panic, BUT, Davis ran into a brick wall. He hit his thumb and it is swollen and turning purple and he can't bend it and he says it hurts." So, GREAT! We have a broken thumb. So, I leave work and call the pediatrician who says to bring him in for xrays. We go to the doc, but while in the waiting room, he is totally using his thumb and not complaining of any pain... I'm thinking he's fine. So we go ahead with the xray. No broken bones. I guess we've made it another day without one! HA! That night, he ended up getting a HUGE knot in the middle of his head. Apparently the thumb didn't catch his fall, but his head did too! But no complaints. All was well.

So then, about a week later, I am getting him out of the tub and notice that he now has 2 black eyes. So I call the pediatrician...seems that with head injurys, kids can get "raccoon eyes" that show up 4-5 days later. Hmmm.... I guess Boys will be Boys. Oh Boy! :)

No comments: